Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Yes, my last post was a joke. No buns in the oven. Although I have to say, I'm surprised at all the interest in my uterus.

Has anyone ever noticed that awkward questions are always conversation starters?When you are dating a guy, the first thing anyone asks you is when you are going to get engaged/married? Especially in Utah, if you've been on date two this topic is often introduced. After you get married, everyone immediately wants to know when you are going to reproduce. The past 2 1/2 years I can't say I'm feeling tired, sick, or ornery without people asking me if I think I'm pregnant.
I was at my mom's house for Sunday dinner a few weeks ago and I made the mistake of saying, "I have an announcement to make." You should have seen how everyone perked up! I was merely announcing that we had beat my little brother and his fiancee at raquetball.
My womb is like a ticking time bomb. Everyone thinks the fuse is lit, they just don't know when to expect the big ka-boom!
Anyway, I digress. I am not pregnant. End of story. 

1 comment: