Monday, April 12, 2010

Adventure, Sun of Moab

Brett & I spontaneously decided to go to Moab this weekend and get our adventure on. We've both been feeling a little overwhelmed and stressed out lately and it was great to get into some blue skies and sunshine.
We camped in a "princess" spot (or so Brett calls it because it had flushing toilets, showers, running water, etc.) and made that our home base for the weekend.

We went 4-Wheelin'. Old Russ was a champ. Almost didn't even overheat. 

Visited our license plate's roots.
Had my first mountain biking adventure. We went on the Bar M Loop--for families, the brochure said. I only panicked two, maybe three times. Brett was a champ---totally talked me down a few hills. Didn't even laugh when the little girl on a pink and white bicycle passed me while dinging her little bell for me to get out of the way. The bell may have been my imagination, the little girl was not. She was with her elderly grandmother and she had to keep up with her, so of course I let her pass, graciously.
Brett makes it look easy.
A lot of hiking, and a little romance.



Summer, I miss your warmth and sunny disposition, and can't wait for you to be here!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Next time you go somewhere invite us. We need more travel buddies! Oh, and PS welcome back to the snow... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look fun!!! I haven't been to Moab in like 8ish years... But Christy, you failed to mention they missed your fantastic food and the party at your house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Like fun! Enjoy being able to pick up and go before you have children! It's so much easier I sure miss that part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psh. You skipped out on NickelCade for that? Psh.

    ReplyDelete