Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gift Cards Galore

 
Okay, so I am a complete embarrassment to my sex. I am a terrible shopper. I don't really love shopping, and when I do shop, I like to go in, get what I want and come right back out. I'm not a browser. Therefore, I guiltily have several unused gift cards. And by several, I mean about $850 worth. *Yikes*
Some of them go as far back as our wedding. I'm so ashamed.
I always talk myself out of spending the money on gift cards. I always think I can get a better deal and I want to wait for the sales or I know exactly what I want to buy so I have to wait until it comes to that specific store, etc. I'm very good at talking myself out of spending free money. Go figure. 
Anyway, I have decided that February is going to be THE month to get rid of these things. I intend to spend every single one. I'll let you know how it goes.  

4 comments:

  1. I can help you with this burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh you make me laugh! Just check the balance on each, some gift cards "loss value" after a certain amount of time has passed. I'm the same way. I can think: "Gee, I'd really like a black pencil skirt." So I go buy one, and that's it. Good luck shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I have this exact same problem, (although I do happen to like shopping). My work gives out a lot of gift cards so I've got a wallet full as well. FYI- I learned the hard way that some cards (Macy's) expire after a year or 2 years. We had some from our wedding that went to waste :( Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess who's now cyber stalking you!?

    We have a ton of gift cards too! Lets compare and we should double date if we have any to the same place!

    ReplyDelete