Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner


Mmmmm.....Buttery, waffle-y, syrupy goodness. I love waffles for dinner. I remember having breakfast for dinner as a kid and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world because it was so backwards.

And it's even better with 100% pure maple syrup from my great-uncle's sugarhouse in Vermont. I could (and have!) eat that stuff by the spoonful. We eat it on waffles, pancakes, scones, make candy, snow (sugar on snow is a delicious treat, I suggest you try it!) and would even eat it on spaghetti (a la Elf).

So now that I've finished my ode to Maple Syrup, can I just say how proud I am that I married a handy-man?
I was trying to do a good deed by shoveling our driveway after it snowed. However, I, being the scatterbrain that I am, set the snow shovel against the inside of the garage door and forgetting it was there, tried to shut it. This succeeded in not only knocking the bottom right side of the garage off the track, but bending the (steel) track which caused the cables that support the full weight of the door to unwind off the pulley-thingys (don't know the technical term). Anyway, it was a mess, and made a horrifying screeching sound as well as a sort of clunking that made it sound like the entire house was going to implode. I'm having panic attacks, thinking we are going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to have it fixed, that it is going to set us back months on our savings, that we won't be able to get our cars out of the garage to go to work and make the money to fix it...needless to say my voice had pretty much reached sonic proportions, and Brett could barely understand me. But...
Brett fixed it. I'm so proud. And very relieved that I have someone that can set things right after Hurricane Karin comes through.


P.S. Come on Scott Brown!

1 comment:

  1. I am so extremely jealous that you get Vermont Maple Syrup. :( Really. It is extremely unfair.

    Also.

    Haha, you broke the garage door :P

    ReplyDelete