Sunday, July 25, 2010

California Knows How to Party

So the beginning end of June/beginning of July we took a Lam Fam va-cay to the golden shore (aka California). We stayed at a beach house in Oceanside, which has a special place in my heart because that is where we stayed when Brett proposed. Awww....

Enough mushy stuff.

We went Deep-Sea fishing which was extremely awesome for the first 20 minutes of the day....then nothing for the rest of the many, many hours we were at sea. We slept over on the boat the night before so we could get out far enough to catch some Albacore Tuna. I was one of the lucky ones...we caught about 8 fish total, so not everyone even got to reel one in. But it was fun anyway. And I ended up taking like 3 naps...something about a rocking boat just lulls me to sleep. So here are some pics for your enjoyment.
Me and my sister-in-laws...they are so cute, even on fishing day! Please ignore my hair.

My first and only catch of the day...a 25 lb Albacore tuna. He tasted really good!

Brett was the master angler catching 3 of our 8 fish, including this beauty--a yellowtail.

Isn't this a cute one of the brothers and Mike?

Beach day...lots of boogie boarding fun. Don't let the sky fool you...it was overcast almost every day we were there. I tried boogie boarding and almost drowned. I think my place is on the beach.

Don't be jealous.

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous. Looks like fun. How come when I post it says it has to be approved? Maybe that's why you don't ever see my posts?

    ReplyDelete