Sunday, July 25, 2010

Derby, Night Hike & Farmer's Market

So it has become tradition to go to the Demolition Derby out by my folk's. Must be the redneck in us, because I honestly don't know why it is so entertaining to watch a bunch of old cars smash into each other....but it is fun.

A little taste.....
Don't you wish you were there?

Later that week, Brett & I had the "great" idea to hike the face of Grandeur Peak since the trailhead is pretty close to where we live. We thought it would be a nice evening "nature walk", if you will.

Of course, it is a lot steeper than we realized and took a lot longer.
We reached the peak at sunset. Note to self---when going on a hike after sundown, bring a flashlight. It was a great adventure climbing down a really steep mountain in the dark.

Does anyone love the Farmer's Market? You not only get some nice, fresh produce, but Brett gets his German food fix, I get my shopping fix, and we get entertained by a piano bike.
I love summer.

4 comments:

  1. what no pony tail with his hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I did not know you were on that trail after dark with no flashlight. (mom is going to have a heart attack worrying about you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I love that piano-bike guy. Holden gets pretty intrigued too. Whenever we go to FM our little guy spends the whole time pointing out all of the dogs saying 'dog!' which is about ever 3 feet or so.

    You guys have been busy! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete