Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Lovin' Had Me a Blast

Well, I know it has been quite awhile since I posted anything. Truthfully, I've been debating about whether or not to keep the blog. It is a lot of work! Anyway, here is an update about what we've been up to the past month or so.

Congratulations Scott & Elyse! They got married on May 22. I don't have a better picture, but Elyse looked beautiful and Scott couldn't stop smiling. What a cute couple!
Me & my cute sisters in law at the temple.
Look at the little man's tux!

Over Memorial Weekend we took a trip down to St. George with the good old Lam Fam. It was so nice to get out of Salt Lake and enjoy some quality time with our family. A few of us went drove over to Zions and hiked Angels Landing--one of my favorites. It was perfect weather and we made great time.

Scott & Elyse joined us on the hike. Cute little newlyweds.

And Eric, along with the aptly named, Lizard. Todd came too, but he is MIA in the photos.

It was pretty high.

Congratulations Grad!! Brett's sister Lindsay was so young when we started dating 4 years ago...and now she has graduated high school and will be going to the U! She is absolutely gorgeous!
Then Brett & I headed down to Moab for a long weekend for some hiking and bike riding. If you can't tell from the sky in this picture, it pretty much rained the whole time. In the desert. We have a running joke that Brett always brings bad weather with him when we go on vacation. Guess it hasn't worn off yet. Still, this was one of the best weekends. The rain really cooled things down, and what was supposed to be a 100 degree weekend ended up being mid 70's and perfect.
We were caught in a downpour during one of our hikes and it happened right where there happened to be an overhang big enough for the two of us...the only overhang probably along the whole hike. I think someone was looking out for us. In fact, with all the rain showers we never really got rained on...we were extremely lucky.
This was in the Canyonlands...it is so awe-inspiring and amazing down there. I can't wait to go back and spend more time.
We stopped at Goblin Valley on the way home--I had never been. It was pretty cool. The flash flooding was pretty bad down there and washed out the road. It's crazy what a little rain can do.

I know this post is already long and boring. But we finally took the boat out and it was amazing. We used to go every weekend but everyone's schedules are so hard to reconcile since we have grown up. It brought back a lot of memories or sunburns and whiplash, and fun stuff too.

Brian's mad waterskiing skills.

Try not to stare at Brett's sexy muscular arms and focus instead on his wakeboarding skillz.

Sunday was a joint Father's Day/Dad's 50th birthday par-tay. Please note the walker. We thought it was past the time for fun gifts and on to the practical.
Cute sisters :)

I might add that my goal is to make my Dad cry every time I write him a birthday/Father's day card. And I hope you know that of course I succeeded.
And last, but not least....Happy Birthday Bryttan!!

There is so much more, but hopefully you enjoyed the highlight reel. I'll try to update more often if I decide to keep the blog.

3 comments:

  1. Don't stop keeping your blog! What will I look at when I am stuck on long calls at work? Looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun - WITHOUT US! You need to fix that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs, don't ever stop!!! Looks like a fun start to summer. Happy 50th Mark...and know I miss you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your visiting teacher, I would really appreciate it if you kept up the blog... I mean, how else am I supposed to know what you guys are up to? (Oh maybe visit, or call? Hmm).

    Do you think in the future the church will change the visiting/home teaching status reports from "visit/contacted/etc" to include categories like Txted, fb message or "viewed their blog, read their tweet?"

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete