Monday, February 15, 2010

So You Think You Can Figure Skate

I love love love watching Figure Skating. I always watched the figure skating competitions when I was younger. I was completely wrapped up in the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. Speaking of, anyone seen Tonya Harding now? She has gained like 50 pounds and is a boxer now. Quite the career change.

So now with the Olympics on, I'm trying to catch as much as I can. Remember the Salt Lake Olympic scandal in 2002? I just made Brett watch the video on YouTube. That was the most amazing program I ever remember seeing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRWHwt91oj0

Anyway, I think that all of the Olympic athletes are so amazingly talented. It takes some serious dedication to become so technically proficient at those sports. Another thought....how do people get into things like Curling and Luging? Who begs their mom to take Curling lessons?

Someday, I will live my Blades of Glory dreams vicariously through my daughters. Until then, I watch. Good look USA!

1 comment:

  1. I live vicariously through Bryttan, as she used to Figure Skate.

    ReplyDelete